A practicing surgeon with over 20 years’ experience in healthcare and life sciences ranging from Strategy & Operational Transformation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Marketing & Commercialization, Rouzbeh serves as the Medical Director for Unify Consulting and leads the firm’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice in Chicago. He is passionate about improving how medicine is practiced in the U.S. and across the globe through innovation and technology.
Rouzbeh holds an MD from Case Western Reserve University with additional training at academic medical centers like Cleveland Clinic and Northwestern University. He also has an MS in Biomedical Engineering and an MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Prior to joining Unify, Rouzbeh was at McKinsey & Company serving clients at the confluence of Pharmaceutical & Medical Product and Health Systems & Services Practices.
• Financial planning, design, and construction of a state-of-the-art 500 bed fully digital tertiary/quaternary care hospital, including all aspects of clinical operations design, HIS/IT infrastrcuture, workforce planning, and financial investment strategy
• Design and commercialization of novel medical devices for a global Fortune 100 company, including incorporation of data insights, industry expertise, and design thinking
• Operational analysis and transformation of the Emergency Department, radiology services, and peri-operative care at a preeminant academic medical center, including digital enablement of patient care, capacity management, and workforce planning
• Commercial due diligence for acquisition of a large network of medical imaging practices for a private equity client, including deep dives into market dynamics and growth strategy, followed by post-merger operational transformation to ensure implementation of devised strategies and successful capture of identified synergies
• Indirect spend transformation at one of the largest global med device companies, including overseeing the PMO team to devise and implement initiatives at 7 sites in Europe / Americas and launching a sophisticated digital tool for automated financial reporting using Power BI
“Innovation is the ability to see change as an opportunity, not a threat.” – Steve Jobs